Thursday 13 June 2013

Professors' Garden when Culture Touched & S-ko photo-stroll

Fabulous day has began, although earlier, when another nasty headache woke me up, it didn't feel so great. A local friend who comes from Krakow visited me yesterday and was surprised to be told by me about The Professors' Garden in Krakow! I showed him pictures of the professors and some inventions which I took during my 'discovery' walk.

My dearest Krakow friend and I were just about to leave the courtyard of Collegium Maius when I spotted this sing:
Till two o'clock? Then we still had half an hour to visit the garden! A chance not to be missed! And we nearly did miss it. On the way in, we noticed the passage and stepped in to admire and - yes! photograph the colourful wall paintings, but we didn't go to the end of it assuming that it led to Golebia Street:



 When we did enter The Professors' Garden, we saw this big time measuring apparatus:

























Why did we go to Collegium Maius in the first place?
Well, we saw some posters for an event called "Touch Culture" (www.DotknijKultury.pl) and when we saw the program, we just had to be there. And I did touch Culture, also the one below (by permission!) Greetings to Miss Culture!

It was a truly great visit not only owing to fascinating exhibits, but also thanks to fantastic people we met there, passionate about their work!

;;;;
I'm back after a short late afternoon walk. This time I turned right and walked around the block. After first five minutes I was pleased to find a bus stop bench and sit there to rest my leg. I took it very slowly today. When I turned right again, I saw a large dog ahead of me and was sure the owner would turn up soon from round the corner. No. It did seem to be minding its own doggy business, but I felt uncomfortable still remembering how painful a dog bite is.

I was seriously considering a different route, but noticed an energetic elderly woman, waited for her and marched through the danger zone alongside her. She pointed out that it was not a stray beast, which was obvious considering the cleanliness, but that did not give me any comfort. Conveniently for my plan, the canine took left at the crossroads which meant I could turn right and the woman kept walking straight on.
There were a few old and new houses along the street, and a black cat 'catawallking' on the roof:












Having passed the big conifer, I turned right into Armii Krajowej until the next crossroad which always reminds me of George Mikes' theory on how to build an English town: 
"…,if, owing to neglect, a street has been built in a straight line it must be called by many different names (High Holborn, New Oxford Street, Oxford Street, Bayswater Road, Notting Hill Gate, Holland Park and so on)..." ('How to Be an Alien'  and check out: http://www.ciao.co.uk/How_To_Be_A_Brit_George_Mikes__Review_5602962). Here is the very point where Skarzysko-Kamienna resembles an English town. The intersection of desc3ending from the forest Armii Krajowej Street is called Wilenska Street to the right and Pilsudskiego Street to the left!





The sand to block the flood will wait for the ice in winter...




A feline mother of four










Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment