Sunday 2 June 2013

June the 2nd this and last year

Cloudy and rainy this Sunday in Skarzysko-Kamienna. Where is the sun????? Let me look up my last year's (2012) photos of June 2nd.

I had a jolly good day in London that Saturday, although it wasn't very sunny or warm.
Here is what the pictures show:

As you probably know, sometimes people decide to get rid of certain items. In the UK, some put them in the rubbish bin, some take the usable items to charity shops, some recycle and others just leave them in the street:

Unwanted picture off King's Street, Hammersmith
 Here is yet another way of dealing with unwanted stuff:
The chair picture was taken on another day, to be frank.

Two illustrations from an old children's book:

 A nice theatre in North London:

Well, it's beyond me at the moment to tell you what we went to see there, but it was fun. We chose steering clear of the havoc of The Queen Jubilee celebrations in Central London.

 Elaborate graffiti, one of many:





June 2nd, 2012 - one of these evenings when on returning home, I am greeted by the friendly neighbour's ginger who then invites herself to my abode and having inspected it, rests on the floor asking for attention.
The picture above is of  'historic' and sentimental value. The little rug the cat is resting on had to be removed as it was damaged by a leak from under the washbasin last summer when I was away. I noticed the slight leak on the day of my departure abroad and immediately notified the landlady. However, it must have taken some time before the regular Albanian plumber came to see to it. It's such a loss, because the rug was a gift from a lovely old lady. 

The cat still visits and enjoyed a warm welcome and a good scratch last Monday.
Ginger waiting... 02.06.2012
Sometimes I look through the window and quickly grab the phone to take a picture. I can't open the window, or I would spoil it all:
Sisters at play, London, 08.09.2011`

Watching sisters at play, 08.09.2011.
Only once did I see two foxes at play in our shared garden. It was a mom and a young one. It was on a late and warm summer Sunday afternoon when I returned from Watford where my friend used to live. One day I may dig out the pictures, but they may not be very good either. It is commonly known that there are many foxes living in London. You can see them when it's dark, especially late at night. And you can hear them. Many years ago, when I saw the city dweller foxes for the first time, I was shocked. They didn't match the image of a beautiful and gracious creature wearing a grand red coat of fur and carrying a grandiose red tail. They were thin and had greyish rusty hue thinning furs. They looked like descendants of impoverished aristocracy who had lost it all.
However, I saw a proper beautiful fox from The Stansted Express train last Tuesday. I can't show you, because the train was very fast, as you can guess. :-) You've got to take my word for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment